WELCOME TO OUR SCHOOL
The Devon Hospitals Short Stay School provides education for children in hospital in Devon.
We teach on two sites –
- Bramble Unit at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, Exeter
- Caroline Thorpe Ward at the North Devon District Hospital, Barnstaple
Our mission statement is:
- to enable all young people attending the Devon Hospitals Short Stay School to receive an education which successfully meets their individual needs. Our holistic and child-centred approach strives to incorporate the social, emotional, physical and medical aspects of the child’s needs, in order to provide a safe, positive and nurturing educational environment in which the child has the opportunity to achieve success.
Our aims are:
- to provide a continuity of education and facilitate inclusion
- to provide a safe, secure, stimulating environment in which education can take place
- to work in partnership with families, carers, medical professionals, schools and support agencies
Latest DHSSS Events
- Readathon Delivery22Apr2015
10:00 am - 11:00 am
- Occasional Day01May2015
- Readathon Storyteller11May2015
09:00 am - 12:30 pm @ Bramble
Mike will be visiting to share stories, music and fun!
- Chefs Adopt A School18May2015
12:30 pm - 15:30 pm @ RDE Bramble Schoolrooms
Gary will be visiting to teach us how to prepare a selection of sumptuous salads!