WELCOME TO OUR SCHOOL
The Devon Hospitals Short Stay School provides education for children in hospital in Devon.
We teach on two sites –
- Bramble Unit at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, Exeter
- Caroline Thorpe Ward at the North Devon District Hospital, Barnstaple
Our mission statement is:
- to enable all young people attending the Devon Hospitals Short Stay School to receive an education which successfully meets their individual needs. Our holistic and child-centred approach strives to incorporate the social, emotional, physical and medical aspects of the child’s needs, in order to provide a safe, positive and nurturing educational environment in which the child has the opportunity to achieve success.
Our aims are:
- to provide a continuity of education and facilitate inclusion
- to provide a safe, secure, stimulating environment in which education can take place
- to work in partnership with families, carers, medical professionals, schools and support agencies
- Governor/Managers required
We currently have vacancies for a Parent Manager (Governor), please click for more details.
- Governors/Managers Required
We currently have vacancies for a Community Manager (Governor), please click for more details.
- Sainsbury's Activekids Vouchers
We received our delivery of balls, gardening equipment and juggling scarves. Thank you to all our parents and friends of the school for helping us collect vouchers.
Children In Need
Well done to Olivia and Kyle who raised £21.78 through their bake sale. Their Pudsey biscuits were a real treat!
Latest DHSSS Events
- Last day of Autumn Term18Dec2015
- First Day Of Spring Term04Jan2016
- Half Term15Feb2016