WELCOME TO OUR SCHOOL
The Devon Hospitals Short Stay School provides education for children in hospital in Devon.
We teach on two sites –
- Bramble Unit at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, Exeter
- Caroline Thorpe Ward at the North Devon District Hospital, Barnstaple
Our mission statement is:
- to enable all young people attending the Devon Hospitals Short Stay School to receive an education which successfully meets their individual needs. Our holistic and child-centred approach strives to incorporate the social, emotional, physical and medical aspects of the child’s needs, in order to provide a safe, positive and nurturing educational environment in which the child has the opportunity to achieve success.
Our aims are:
- to provide a continuity of education and facilitate inclusion
- to provide a safe, secure, stimulating environment in which education can take place
- to work in partnership with families, carers, medical professionals, schools and support agencies
Welcome back to Paul who has completed his secondment. Paul will now be working on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
CONGRATULATIONS to Vannessa who successfully completed her assessments and has now achieved HLTA status! Well done Vanessa!
WHAT THE CHILDREN AND PARENTS HAVE TO SAY;
"I very much enjoyed my time in school."
"I liked everything!"
"I definitely felt well supported."
"I was really pleased with the resources provided and the manner and the helpfulness of the teacher."
"10 out of 10!"
"I felt that my child's learning needs were catered for, they arranged for the GCSE exam to be taken in hospital, really helpful, thank you!"
(Taken from pupil and parent questionnaires)
We hope that you all had a great summer. The sun actually shone-hooray! We look forward to working with our familiar pupils again this term and to meeting new faces too.
Latest DHSSS Events
There are currently no events.