WELCOME TO OUR SCHOOL
The Devon Hospitals Short Stay School provides education for children in hospital in Devon.
We teach on two sites –
- Bramble Unit at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, Exeter
- Caroline Thorpe Ward at the North Devon District Hospital, Barnstaple
Our mission statement is:
- to enable all young people attending the Devon Hospitals Short Stay School to receive an education which successfully meets their individual needs. Our holistic and child-centred approach strives to incorporate the social, emotional, physical and medical aspects of the child’s needs, in order to provide a safe, positive and nurturing educational environment in which the child has the opportunity to achieve success.
Our aims are:
- to provide a continuity of education and facilitate inclusion
- to provide a safe, secure, stimulating environment in which education can take place
- to work in partnership with families, carers, medical professionals, schools and support agencies
Congratulations to all our hardworking students that took exams this summer. Some of you have already told us how you got on. We would love to hear from you if you took exams here, or you are one of our regulars.
- Sainsbury's Activekids Vouchers
We received our delivery of balls, gardening equipment and juggling scarves. Thank you to all our parents and friends of the school for helping us collect vouchers.
- Back to school
The school is sparkling! We have carried out our annual deep clean and all the members of staff are refreshed after their summer holiday.
Latest DHSSS Events
10:00 am - 2:00 pm @ RDE Bramble Schoolrooms
Mike from Readwell will be joining us for more stories, music and fun.
@ RDE, NDDH
- Non-Pupil Day09Nov2015
- Last day of Term18Dec2015
- First Day Of Term04Jan2016