WELCOME TO OUR SCHOOL
The Devon Hospitals Short Stay School provides education for children in hospital in Devon.
We teach on two sites –
- Bramble Unit at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, Exeter
- Caroline Thorpe Ward at the North Devon District Hospital, Barnstaple
Our mission statement is:
- to enable all young people attending the Devon Hospitals Short Stay School to receive an education which successfully meets their individual needs. Our holistic and child-centred approach strives to incorporate the social, emotional, physical and medical aspects of the child’s needs, in order to provide a safe, positive and nurturing educational environment in which the child has the opportunity to achieve success.
Our aims are:
- to provide a continuity of education and facilitate inclusion
- to provide a safe, secure, stimulating environment in which education can take place
- to work in partnership with families, carers, medical professionals, schools and support agencies
Latest DHSSS Events
There are currently no events.
- Hesta's workshop
Hesta is coming to Bramble tomorrow to involve the children in another of her wonderful workshops.
- Readwell Storyteller
Mike came in to see us on Monday. We heard lots of ghostly stories, the Musicians of Bremen, and lots more. He also treated us to some music using his flute walking stick ! Some of the students even taught Mike all about Minecraft.
- Vote for Great Britain's national bird.
Forget politics! You can vote online to decide on the Nation's favourite bird.
Sainsbury's Active Kids vouchers
We are busy collecting vouchers which we hope to exchange for outdoor and cooking equipment. Please hand vouchers in to school or, at North Devon, to the main hospital reception. Thank you!