WELCOME TO OUR SCHOOL
The Devon Hospitals Short Stay School provides education for children in hospital in Devon.
We teach on two sites –
- Bramble Unit at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, Exeter
- Caroline Thorpe Ward at the North Devon District Hospital, Barnstaple
Our mission statement is:
- to enable all young people attending the Devon Hospitals Short Stay School to receive an education which successfully meets their individual needs. Our holistic and child-centred approach strives to incorporate the social, emotional, physical and medical aspects of the child’s needs, in order to provide a safe, positive and nurturing educational environment in which the child has the opportunity to achieve success.
Our aims are:
- to provide a continuity of education and facilitate inclusion
- to provide a safe, secure, stimulating environment in which education can take place
- to work in partnership with families, carers, medical professionals, schools and support agencies
We would like to wish Paul all the best as he begins a secondment at St Mary's School in Axminster. Paul will be working there until the end of the summer term returning to us on September 1st. It's great opportunity and we are sure that he will do very well!
- Governor/Managers required
We currently have vacancies for a Parent Manager (Governor), please click for more details.
- Governors/Managers Required
We currently have vacancies for a Community Manager (Governor), please click for more details.
- Sainsbury's Activekids Vouchers
Once again we are busy collecting Sainsbury's Active Kids vouchers. The box at RDE can be found outside the main classroom; at NDDH vouchers can be handed in to the main hospital reception or given directly to Elaine. Thank you!
Infection Control Poster Competition winner
Niamh's design was chosen as the winner by the Inection Control team and will be made into posters which will be displayed around the hospital. Congratulaions Niamh! We hope that you have enjoyed spending your prize of theWaterstones vouchers. Visit our Gallery page to see the photo of Niamh and her poster design.
Children In Need
Well done to Olivia and Kyle who raised £21.78 through their bake sale. Their Pudsey biscuits were a real treat!
Latest DHSSS Events
- Half Term30May2016
@ Both sites
School will be closed for the half term break